Potential Future Speaker
Hi. So you’re interested in being a future TEDxCharlotte speaker? That’s great. We have developed this page to give you some tips on our criteria, pointers for your application and general logistics of applying. Please read this page BEFORE applying or reaching out with questions!
- MARCH 14th – Applications close.
- SPRING: Auditions are held.
- AUGUST – SEPTEMBER: Speaker Coaching and Final Auditions are held.
- FALL: The Event.
- Our focus will be on your idea, so yours should be too! The majority of our applications are rejected because the idea isn’t clear.
- A topic is not the same thing as an idea!
TIPS & GOOD TO KNOW:
- This is not the type of talk that you can recycle an existing talk for.
- You are NOT on stage to promote your new book, workshop, or business. If your topic is just to talk about your new book, that isn’t an Idea Worth Sharing and won’t make it to an audition.
- This is a challenging process, which includes a Final Audition two weeks before the event. Selection in the spring does not guarantee you a spot on the stage.
ONCE AGAIN: We CANNOT stress this enough, WHAT IS YOUR IDEA? Ideas and topics are not the same thing.
TO DO BEFORE YOU APPLY:
- Please read TED’s rules for TEDx talks. We will adhere to them without exception.
- Watch: What Makes a Great TED Talk. We will be using this criteria.
Once you’ve read everything and watched the video, you’re ready to apply. Here is the application: