Potential Future Speaker
Hi. So you’re interested in being a future TEDxCharlotte speaker? That’s great. We have developed this page to give you some tips on our criteria, pointers for your application, general logistics of applying and our process. Please read this page BEFORE applying or reaching out with questions!
BASIC TIME TABLE EACH YEAS:
- MARCH 15th – Applications close.
- EARLY MAY: Auditions are held.
- EARLY JUNE: Speaker Finalists are announced
- AUGUST – SEPTEMBER: Speaker Coaching occurs.
- TWO WEEKS BEFORE EVENT: Final Auditions are held.
- FALL: The Event.
- Our focus will be on your idea, so yours should be too! The majority of our applications are rejected because the idea isn’t clear or your audition focuses on the promotion of your work.
- A topic is not the same thing as an idea! We want your IDEA WORTH SHARING.
TIPS & GOOD TO KNOW:
- This is not the type of talk that you can recycle an existing talk for.
- You are NOT on stage to promote your new book, workshop, or business. If your topic is just to talk about your new book, that isn’t an Idea Worth Sharing and won’t make it to an audition.
- This is a challenging process, which includes a Final Audition two weeks before the event. Selection in the spring does not guarantee you a spot on the stage.
ONCE AGAIN: We CANNOT stress this enough, WHAT IS YOUR IDEA? Topics are not ideas.
TO DO BEFORE YOU APPLY:
- Please read TED’s rules for TEDx talks. We will adhere to them without exception.
- Watch: What Makes a Great TED Talk. We will be using this criterion.
Once you’ve read everything and watched the video, you’re ready to apply. Here is the application: